We’re back! And a little rusty. But we’re here to warm the cockles of your isolated hearts with a chat about what it means for performing arts companies to lose their big-box, holiday cash cows this year.
We’re proud to be part of the Alberta Podcast Network. Locally grown, community supported. This week our sponsors are Edmonton Heritage Council’s ECAMP Podcast and Park Power.
• Dance Magazine: Land of the Bittersweet: COVID’s Effect on Nutcracker
• Sarah Kaufman in Washington Post: Breaking pointe: ‘The Nutcracker’ takes more than it gives to world of ballet
• New York Times: Toning Down Asian Stereotypes to Make ‘The Nutcracker’ Fit the Times
• Clips of the new, freaky versions of other Tchaikovsky classic ballets: Alexander Ekman’s A Swan Lake and Mats Ek’s Sleeping Beauty
• Stream local holiday shows like Citadel’s A Christmas Carol, Shumka’s Nutcracker, and Alberta Ballet’s A Sugar Plum Dream